Friday, April 4, 2008

Revenge from Third Graders

Wouldn’t you think that school is the safest place to be? A spot where children can express their knowledge in a good manner? Well I always thought this until I started to consider it when I heard the news about what has occurred in Georgia.

In Georgia, a group of third graders decided that they wanted to punish their teacher after she yelled at one of their classmates. The teacher yelled at the student for standing on a chair, which could be dangerous. There were nine children that partook in this scheme. Each one had a specific job to do. The extent of their planning is mind blowing. I could not believe that the students were able to come up with such a twisted plan at that age.

As an education major, I plan to be an elementary school teacher. By taking on this role I have always known that I would have to be ready for the unexpected. However, I never thought that I would have to deal with this situation, especially in elementary school. I am grateful that the teacher was unharmed as this could have been a deadly situation. As for the students that took part in this, I hope that they get help that they need to see why they had the intention of doing such a thing. I wonder what was going through the students’ minds as they were planning this revenge.

No comments: