Saturday, April 26, 2008

Disturbia

Today I watched the film Disturbia. It is a film that I would recommend others to watch. This is not the first or last time that I have seen Disturbia. Without given you all the details the movie is about a teen that is placed on house arrest. While on house arrest Kale starts to spy on the neighbors in order to pass some time. He soon realizes that one of his neighbors may be a serial killer. As Kale tries to prove this, he has to find a way to protect himself along with those that he cares about. Is he able to do this successfully?

There are some things throughout the film that I think they should have thought out a little more. Without given too much away I am going to keep everything vague. Here is a list of things that I think they should have paid more attention to when creating the scenes.

- When Kale is placed on house arrest he is told that he has to stay in a certain radius of the base. Later when he puts the different things around the yard so that he knows where he is able to go, it is a square instead of circular.


- When Kale is spying on his neighbors from his room with the binoculars he has all the lights on when they should be off so that he can’t be seen.


- When Ashley gets call from her mom she says she is at the store and that she will be home in a while. Meanwhile she is next door with Kale and makes it home in about a minute.

The film also promoted a lot of different companies and brands throughout the whole film. From beginning to end you are able to see the different brands. Next time that you view the film, try to spot these along with other items that I may have left off the list.

- Coke
- X box 360
- Hershey syrup
- Red bull
- Twinkies
- Skippy peanut butter
- I tunes/ I pod
- Elmer’s glue
- Philadelphia cream cheese

Disturbia is a film that I would recommend to anyone. It has become one of the movies that I am able to watch over and over again.

No comments: